Monday, April 11, 2011

SO MUCH TO DO - SO LITTLE TIME

 I can't believe it is almost April and apart from racing around the world on various trips that seem to have blurred into one - I appear to have forgotten all about my Blog which is pretty sad as I really enjoy writing here - total sense of freedom - even if I appear to write to myself !!  So I have decided to throw in the odd recipe of some of my favourite dishes in the hope that this will make up for the lack of news from time to time.  
 
 
For some reason my friends seem to think this is a very difficult dish to make but I beg to differ.  Mine always seems to come out a lot runnier than other peoples but I like the consistency especially when spooned into individual dishes..  Give it a try, pop it in the fridge and when you feel it is set, curl up on a comfy chair with something special around you and just live for the moment - one spoonful at a time.  Happy eating xx

Ingredients

  • 200g chocolate, chopped into chunks
  • 3 eggs, separated
  • ¼ cup marsala
  • 1 cup mascarpone
  • 150g Italian sponge fingers
  • ½ cup strong black coffee
  • Cream to serve

Method

Line a cake tin with baking paper. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or in a microwave on a low heat for about two minutes. Beat the egg yolks with marsala until pale and creamy. Add the mascarpone and beat until smooth. Add the chocolate to the mascarpone mix and stir until well mixed. Whip the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mascarpone mix. Lay half the sponge fingers in the bottom of the prepared cake tin and drizzle with half the coffee. Pour the mascarpone mix on top of the sponge fingers, add the remaining sponge fingers and drizzle over the remaining coffee. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for three to four hours or overnight, until set. Carefully remove the tiramisu cake from the tin and serve with cream.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe - mine never used to work very well...this worked really well and was much easier to make!

    ReplyDelete