Sunday, November 1, 2009

Location Location Location !

This is the swan-song that real-estate people yell from the rafters for potential buyers and sellers, when it comes to making a good decision regarding property - but how on earth can it appy to the interior of a restaurant!

I got a last minute phone call on Friday from some friends to say meet us at the Bulawayo Club for lunch.  I havent actually eaten there since an ill fated travel promotion where I was still in bed when they were serving the breakfast so I wasnt going to look at their food then, but this was an ideal chance to see what people were talking about.

A lovely friendly waitress took us through to the Atrium which is one of the prettiest settings with little white tables, lovely pretty linen, green palms gently swaying in the wind, butterflys and bees ... and put us at a table for three - WHERE I SAT FACING THE WALL !!

Now anyone who eats out knows that you never put ladies with their backs to anything.  We have to see the whole thing, who is there, what they are wearing, if they are happy or having a row - you name it, its all part of the eating out experience. My poor husband plays musical chairs with me when we go out as I chop and change from table to table to just make sure everything fits into the peripheral vision.  No I am not odd - its what we girls do!

As a result I fidgeted and fiddled around and even the delightful menu with all sorts of lovely light temptations, the great company and the two gin and tonics didnt really appease the moment.  Next time I go there (and I will definately go there again), I am getting there 15 minutes before everyone else - so I can rearrange the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment